Wawa Dam Travel Guide and Itinerary
Wawa Dam a.ka. Montalban Dam was constructed in 1909 to provide water to Manila. It is located between the towering 360 meters Wawa Gorge or Montalban Gorge. It was later on abandoned when Angat Dam was constructed on 1967.
Itinerary9:30 am ETA Cubao farmers
Ride Van Going to Rodriguez Rizal, not Montalban
10:45 am ETA Ride Jeep going to Wawa
Welcoming Arc to Wawa
Plenty of stores along the way. Di ka magugutom
Path going to Wawa
Looks likeTinipak River
Pamitinan Cave in the Background
The walkway going to the dam
Bamboo house within the crevice of the mountain facade
Steel Bridge and Wawa Dam on the Background
Wawa Dam is a famous Destination for Bikers
Wawa Dam a.k.a Montalban Dam
Emerald Like Water
How much it cost me
- 50 pesos Van going to Rodriguez
- 8 pesos jeep to Wawa
- 3 pesos for Bridge crossing
- 8 pesos trike going back to Montalban
- 50 pesos Van going back to Cubao
Guide and Tips
- There is a ticketing booth for Hikers who want to traverse Mt. Pamitinan.
- You can also do some spelunking in the Pamitinan Cave
Pamitinan Cave Entrance
Cemented Entrance to Pamitinan Cave
- Nipa huts and bamboo rafts cost ranges from 100 to 600 pesos
Nipa Huts below Wawa Dam
- There's plenty of Avocado and Durian harvested around the area
- Since its pretty easy to go to, expect a crowd not less than 500 during summer weekends.
- Wawa Dam is a go to place of bikers and the like to cool themselves. Usually, they arrive early in the morning then head back around lunch time, according to the locals.