Mt. Pamitinan - Mt. Binacayan Twin Hike Guide
|Summit of Mt. Binacayan, Background is Mt. Pamitinan|
|Summit of Mt. Pamitinan. Background is Mt. Binacayan|
How to'sGetting there:
Get A Local Guide:
- From there you must ask for a local guide to assist you in your hike as the trails on both mountains are quite challenging and you might get lost. Our favourite local guide there is Tatay Rodolfo Zonio Jr. a.k.a. Kuya Allan. Contact him a day before you go to Brgy. Wawa so you can properly set the schedule.
|Kuya Allan In Action. Our All-around-Guy. Thank you Tay!|
- Contact Number: 09993652005
Guides and Tips
- Itinerary: It's recommended to hike Mt. Binacayan first as it will consume you more time traversing. It will take you at least 3 hours hiking it to the summit and 2 hours going down depending on your pace.
|First assault to Mt. Binacayan|
|Expect this type of trail.|
|Jagged rocks and corals|
|Diamond Rock and the Wawa River Below|
|Diamond Rock of Mt. Binacayan|
|@traveladik a top Diamond Rock of Mt. Binacayan|
|Geek in Nature|
|Near the summit, Bamboo forest shades you from the heat|
|Honey bees roam Mt. Binacayan so be careful not to distrub their home.|
|Mt. Binacayan Summit - background is Mt. Pamitinan.|
- If you hike Mt. Binacayan early around 7 AM, you can reach the summit around 10 AM then head back around 11 AM just in time for Lunch at the drop-off.
- After Lunch, you can head towards Mt. Pamitinan. I suggest you explore Wawa Dam first before the hike. Around 2 or 3 PM, you can start the hike and arrive at the summit for the sunset.
|Start the hike to Mt. Pamitinan by crossing the foot bridge|
- The hike going up to Mt. Pamitinan is 1 and half hour at least. Like Mt. Binacayan, Mt. Pamitinan boast coral rocks and rock climbing facade for the enthusiast. Half way to the summit, a fork trail will lead you to 1. Mt. Pamitinan to your right and 2. Mt. Hapunang Banoy - the 7 hours hike option. Kuya Allen's son, also a tour guide and the one who laid down and created the trails for the both mountains (Pamitinan and Binacayan) said that Mt. Hapunang Banoy offer the best view and experience among the three mountains.
|Glimpse of Mt. Hapunang Banoy|
|Nearly at the summit, Glimpse of Mt. Binacayan from Buwis Buhay Rock|
- You can do a side trip at the Buwis Buhay Rock
|Buwis Buhay Rock along the Trail to the summit of Mt. Pamitinan|
|On top of Mt. Pamitinan Summit|
|Mt. Binacayan seen from Mt. Pamitinan Summit|
|At the Summit of Mt. Pamitinan|
|Mt. Pamitinan Rocky Summit|
|Mt. Hapunang Banoy seen from Mt. Pamitinan Summit|
|Geek in Nature rocky summit of Mt. Pamitinan|
|Be careful going up and down Mt. Pamitinan Summit as it is a 80 - 90 degree assault|
- Be Careful going up and down Mt. Pamitinan Summit as it is a 80 - 90 degree assault. The coral rock adds difficulty with its jagged surface and very hard to reach a foothold.
|Panorama at the summit of Mt. Pamitinan|
- Going down Mt. Pamitinan will at least be 1 hour depending on your pace. Compared to Mt. Binacayan, this hike was easier. It only had 2 major assault plus the assault to the summit. Unlike Mt. Binacayan where I lost count around 4 while we were approaching the Diamond Rock.
- Proper Gear: These two mountains are known for it's jagged rock and coral formations so be sure to travel light, equip yourselves with gloves and a sturdy footwear.
|Rock Climbing in Mt. Binacayan|
- Pack light. You can leave your bags with Kuya Allan's place you can concentrate in traversing the challenging course.
- Bring plenty of water. It is advisable to carry 2L for each hike.
- Be mindful and take ample rest period. I had the luck of stepping my weak left foot on a jagged rock and lost balance causing me to almost ride it between my legs if I hadn't stopped it with my left arm.
|Minor Accident going down Mt. Binacayan|
- Local Guides in Baranggay Wawa is the friendliest and most trustworthy guides I have encountered in my climbs. They care for your well being 100%. They are equipped with the necessary knowledge and first aid kit in case of emergency. Thanks Kuya Arnel and Kuya Allan! Kudos to you both!
Camping in Wawa DamKuya Allan will suggest you to stay at the Mahogany Forest beyond the Wawa Dam. 900 pesos for the whole group 14 of us to use the CR and get drinking water plus water for other uses.